Tuesday, April 14, 2009

RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS?

Check out this article...http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94803. Turns out that according to the Missouri Information Analysis Center you might be a right wing extremist. They issued a report warning their State Police "to watch out for individuals with "radical" ideologies based on Christian views, such as opposing illegal immigration, abortion and federal taxes." While I'm not as concerned about illegal immigration and federal taxes (I pay mine), I do have some "radical" ideologies (e.g. God created the universe, Jesus Christ died for my sins, the Bible is the inspired Word of God, etc.) and am adamantly opposed to abortion. Let me get this straight...those who oppose abortions are extremists those who kill innocent unborn children and protest for the killing of unborn children are not extremists. What does "extremist" mean? I'm confused.

I think I know a lot of right wing extremists--hundreds of them. But they sure don't seem like the kind of people that the government should be worried about. The extremists I know are all loving, law-abiding people. They watch baseball games and go fishing. They go to church and serve in the Senior Center. They help out at school and in civic organizations. They love their families and have lots of friends. They love their country. They love their freedoms. They are glad to be American citizens. What's extreme about that?

Pastor Jerry

No comments: