Sunday, July 19, 2009

MORE MEMORIES OF HARRIET

Harriet was the treasurer when I came to the church about 19 years ago. She had been doing the job for some time. She had been at the church through many a Pastor, and she had kept the books through some pretty difficult times. When I came the church was pretty small. The budget was small also. Our first month's budget was about $600.00. Out of that amount we had to pay for all the utilities and then pay the Pastor's salary. Obviously, there was not enough. I worked for a time to make ends meet. Harriet and I would get together at least once a month to figure out how we could take care of the bills. I looked forward to our visits. She would share stories about the past. I had many a visit with Harriet in those days. She was always an encouragement to me.

Pastor Jerry

No comments: